A marvelous day it was

I am still in awe at how amazing the last 2 days have been. Yesterday I woke up to a nice warm spring day and decided to take the trash out first thing. I headed towards our garbage can and what slithered past my feet-- a snake!! This may not seem like a big deal but I never saw one single snake the ENTIRE time I was living in Alabama! This is just one more reason Tennessee is so awesome. Anyhow, I know that was a good omen :)

I have been weaving up a storm thanks to my big announcement and normally I underestimate how long it takes to do each aspect of weaving- the winding off, tying on, winding on, tensioning, filling spools, and finally weaving. Then comes the machine hemming, washing, ironing, cutting, hand hemming, and finally photographing. But yesterday I set some goals for myself and I actually managed to accomplish all of them! And I was only 10 minutes behind schedule. Such a great feeling!

Today I forced myself out of bed and got right back to weaving. I finished the last 4 of the 16 cloth napkins I've been working on since... yesterday, lol. I got them all washed and ironed and pinned the hem. I just need to run them through the machine and then I need to figure out how I want to dye them. I also finished 2 of the 3 pillows I started. I am pretty happy with how they turned out too. Oh and I also have 28 finished tea towels to add to my inventory too!

Over the last few weeks Roger and I have been hearing multiple owls hooting outside. Mainly at night, a few times in the early mornings and once or twice in the afternoon. We've gone outside several times to look for them but never caught a glimpse. That is, until today! I was washing dishes and heard it outside so I ran out to see if I could find it because it sounded so close. After searching the trees for a few minutes we finally locked eyes. He was SO BIG! And his eyes as black as night. He was also WAY closer than I expected. In fact, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I spotted him. Talk about intense! I ran inside and to tell Roger but by the time we got back out he flew to a further, higher perch. Well, I needed a picture so I whipped out my cannon of a telephoto lens and heavy-duty tri-pod to snap some photos. That's when we saw the second one! They were so chill, but definitely kept an eye on us. I love owls so much!

So that's a basic recap of my last 2 days. Tonight we are waiting on my parents to arrive to help us replant grass and do some housework. Tomorrow is the Katie Herzig show at 3rd and Lindsley that I am pretty excited for.

For those of you who don't already know, check back tomorrow for some SUPER exciting news!! <3<3