I think the title of this post says it all.
1 teaspoon butter (for greasing ramekins)
6 oz fresh raspberries
1/4 cup, plus 2 teaspoons sugar
4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Butter the insides of six 1/2 cup ramekins
- Puree raspberries in a blender or food processor, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. I considered leaving the seeds in until I realized just how prolific they are — you really need to strain the puree. You should yield about 1/2 cup after straining.
- Add 2 teaspoons sugar to the strained puree and set aside
- In a mixer, beat four egg whites until they begin to thicken. Continue to beat the whites while you slowly add 1/4 cup sugar. Mix until egg whites form stiff peaks and are glossy.
- Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the puree and slowly fold in. Continue by adding the remaining egg whites, folding in until no white streaks remain.
- Spoon the souffle batter into the ramekins, filling to the top and leveling off with the back of a spatula.
- Place filled ramekins on a baking sheet and bake on a rack positioned in the bottom 1/3 of the oven.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the souffle rises 1/2″ above the rim.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of powdered sugar!